[INDEHELA-L] FW: DEADLINE EXTENDED Call for participation: Workshop "Teaching Participatory Design" - PDC 2014 Windhoek

Mikko Korpela mikko.korpela at uef.fi
Wed Jul 23 14:40:33 EEST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: iris-bounces at lists.aau.dk [mailto:iris-bounces at lists.aau.dk] On Behalf Of Giacomo Poderi
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:16 PM
To: iris at lists.aau.dk
Subject: [IRIS] DEADLINE EXTENDED Call for participation: Workshop "Teaching Participatory Design" - PDC 2014 Windhoek

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear list members,

this is just to inform anyone potentially interested in participating to the
"Teaching PD" workshop that the deadline for submission has been postponed.

The new deadline is: Monday 28th July - 12:00 CEST

Furthermore, for those ones who are interested in participating, but who had
little or no experiences in teaching PD, it is possible to submit a one page
document (1000 words max) as an expression of interest, that explains their
backgrounds and motivations for attending.

http://teachingpdworkshop.wordpress.com

Best regards,
Giacomo and the WS Organizers

---------------------------
In conjunction with PDC 2014, Windhoek, Namibia: http://www.pdc2014.org/

Full day workshop: Teaching Participatory Design
Sunday, October 5, 2014
http://teachingpdworkshop.wordpress.com/

Organizers: Jesper Simonsen, Andrew Clement, Barbara Andrews, Shaowen Bardzell,
Vincenzo D'Andrea, David Hakken, Giacomo Poderi, Maurizio Teli

TOPIC AND AIM
The goal of this full-day workshop is to create a place where people can share
experiences, plans, and questions about teaching Participatory Design (PD). We
aim to create a context for all of us to talk about how we design and set up
courses, what challenges we face and how we solve them. The workshop is for
people who are interested in the way people teach as well as in what is taught
and what resources are gathered to aid the process. During the workshop, we will
explore in an interactive manner how constructivist approaches to teaching can
support the teaching and learning of participatory design in academic and
non-academic contexts. We will also discuss experiences in using recent material
such as the new (2012) PD Handbook. We hope that this dialogue can become a
regular part of PDC.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Interested participants are invited to submit responses, in the form of a
position paper, to the workshop questions (listed in the website), which will be
reviewed by the workshop organizers and subsequently shared with participants.
Those responses should be based on experience teaching and/or designing classes
or workshops on Participatory Design.
Detailed information on how to participate can be found here:
http://teachingpdworkshop.wordpress.com/how-to-participate/

IMPORTANT DATES
21 July	Submission deadline for position papers (NEW Deadline: 28th July)
28 July	Communication of acceptance
5 Aug	Early registration
5 Oct	Workshop

We hope to see you there for a fruitful and interesting session!!

Best regards,
Giacomo, Jesper, Andrew, Barbara, Shaowen, Vincenzo, David and Maurizio