[INDEHELA-L] How to submit to HELINA / Deadline 16 Nov / Extended Call for Participation

Mikko Korpela mikko.korpela at uef.fi
Mon Nov 10 20:11:33 EET 2014

Dear all,

It is not very straightforward to submit a paper to HELINA, so some straightforward advice:

- Read the FIRST CALL carefully: http://www.helina-online.org/en/conferences/helina-2014/1st-call-for-participation

- Decide on the TYPE of your submission:  Full paper (published in the Journal of Health Informatics in Africa), Short paper (published on the web site), Experience presentation.

- Use the TEMPLATE (attached here for your convenience) for your paper.

- Important: CREATE AN ACCOUNT at http://www.helina-online.org/en/ and tick the box 'AUTHOR'.

- Only after logging in as an author you'll be able to start submitting.  Go to USER HOME (just below the green banner on the top of the page), click 'Step one of the submission process'.

- You MUST select one track from the following:

    National e-health strategies, policies and architectures
    Point of Care Health Information Systems
    Integrated healthcare and in Universal Health Coverage
    Health Insurance and Electronic Claims Processing
    Clinical Decisions Support Systems
    Health Information Systems and Integration of Vertical Health Programmes, specialized care (maternal and child health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, etc.)
    Data Mining, Big data analytics, and National Health Data Reporting Platforms
    Health Information Systems analysis, development, implementation and assessment
    Software architectures interoperability, Health Data Standards and controlled Vocabularies
    Informatics in the Implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
    Health Informatics education, research methods and capacity development
    Empowering communities and community participation

- You MUST tick all the boxes of the 'Submission Checklist'.

- Then you can (must!) upload your paper (the Word document).

- Then you must enter your first name, last name and affiliation (university), as well as the title of the paper.  Just leave the optional fields empty; they are not needed in the reviewing phase.

- Finally click 'Finish Submission'.

Mikko